Spreading the Secure Your Motor message
The Secure your Motor campaign aims to help you avoid becoming the victim of car crime by alerting you to the danger of opportunistic car thieves. Adverts have run on TV, radio and the internet, with posters at petrol pump nozzles and parking meters.
Keep it hidden
If a car park attendant, street warden or Police Community Support Officer sees a car in a public place with anything left on view, the vehicle's owner is sent a letter and leaflet offering advice on how to outsmart the criminal. It's best never to leave anything on view in your car, but if you have to, lock it in the boot where it is out of sight.
Talking to voluntary and community groups
We particularly want to draw attention to the information available on the internet to help groups relay car crime prevention messages in their neighbourhoods.
Top countries with highest rate of theft:
The cartheft capital of the world seems to be changing every year among the countries like Italy, france, newzealand, Australia, Denmark etc.
- Belgium is country is worst on the basis of theft 191,126 robberies were reported in last few years.
- Spain is another country where theft occurs in high rates and 502,546 robberies were reported in last few years. They used to wear police clothes and rob things.
- Mexico has many crime lords running large operations and it has 746,894 robberies reported in last few years.credit cards ,cellphones and debit cards are often stolen by them.
- Costa rica has reported about 25,066 robberies in the last few years.There theft is common in highly populated areas which includes pickpocketting ,purse snatching etc.
- Brazil has reported about 979,571 robberies. Here the thieves keeps cameras all over the area and undergoes theft by watching via camera. Manaus and Salvador also has high crime rates.
- Chile has record theft in their country over $10 million was robbed from an armoured car. About 81,644 robberies were reported in last few years.
INGREDIENTS OF THEFT AND CRIME:
There are various ingredients of theft . They are the following:
- It should be a movable property.
- The property that is taken should not be a possession of another person.
- Intension that is dishonest to take the property.
- Without the consent of the person the property must be taken.
- The property must move because it is to be taken.
The Car and Bike Theft Indexes - which kinds are stolen most often?
Here are the 10 most stolen vehicles as reported by the NICB - the number in parentheses is the model year most stolen:
- Honda Civic (1995)
- Honda Accord (1991)
- Toyota Camry (1989)
- Ford F-150 (1997)
- Chevrolet C/K 1500 (1994)
- Acura Integra (1994)
- Dodge Ram Pickup (2004)
- Nissan Sentra (1994)
- Toyota Pickup (1988)
- Toyota Corolla (2007)